Stress Test – Do you Pass?
Are you stressed? Why is it important to know if you are stressed? Stress is the number one cause of heart attack, illness, and disease. Stress also ages your body. Physical stress such as smoking, emotional stress can be just as debilitating. Your body does not differentiate between the two, it responds in the same way. Fight or flight. You adrenal gets overworked, and systems start to fail.
Important questions to ask yourself or to get a friend or spouse to answer.
Do you try to do more than one thing at a time?
Do you work every day?
Do you check your phone every day?
Are you accident-prone?
Do you get impatient with delays in appointments, traffic jams, and people?
If you said yes to two or more, you might be stressed! Did you know that stress is the number one cause of disease and dysfunction?
If that isn’t enough lets, look further into Specific Symptoms. Do you have 3 or more of the symptoms below? You might be stressed!
- Tense muscles, tight jaw from clenching, tight shoulders that rest near your ears
- Don’t breath; lung have lost ability to expand when taking in a breath
- Increase use of drugs, alcohol to self-medicate
- Heartburn acid reflux
- Cold hands and feet
- Can’t concentrate or remember
- Can’t answer one more question
- Racing heart
What to do?
- Breathe- consciously remind yourself to breathe throughout the day. If something is stressful take a breath, it helps the body relax.
- Meditation – find the practice that works for your belief system can help your body heal and relax your mind.
- Find a coach or mentor you can vent to and feel safe https://www.simonefortier.com/services/private-coaching/
- High amounts of Vitamin B’s https://www.simonefortier.com/products/product-recommendations/
- Sleep or nap – get the rest to repair your body https://www.simonefortier.com/products/product-recommendations/